1,102-Acre Irrigated Farm, located approximately 10 miles southeast of Waco, Texas. The farm is one contiguous tract of land with 920 cultivated acres (87.5% irrigated, 12.5% dryland). It has a long history of use for irrigated crop production with indications (via water rights documents) that it was irrigated as early as 1918. While corn, cotton and wheat have historically been the primary crops produced, the land is suitable for production of grain sorghum, oats and soybeans. Some specialty crops such as melons could likely be produced on the property as well.
The farm is offered with rights adjudicated by the State of Texas to divert surface water each year from the Brazos River and Tehuacana Creek for irrigation purposes. These water rights represent a property right that can be severed from the farm and sold to a third party subject to state law. They are among the oldest rights along the Brazos River (1918 & 1929), and are much higher in priority date than those of most of the Brazos River System’s agricultural and municipal users.
Crops on the property are irrigated using water pumped from the Brazos River and Tehuacana Creek via an underground pipe distribution system to seven center pivot irrigation sprinklers. Grain storage facilities, accommodating approximately 340,000 bushels of grain, provide support and additional revenue potential for the farm. Improvements include a 12,000 SF shop, multiple farm buildings, an office building, and two houses.
This farm’s diverse features – size, high percentage of quality cropland, irrigation water delivery system, grain storage facilities, and other revenue-producing improvements – combine to offer a substantial base for producing consistent annual returns. Coupled with the senior adjudicated water rights, the farm offers significant potential for appreciation in value – an added premium for the property as a single asset purchase.
For additional pictures please click here.
The farm is located southeast of Waco in McLennan County, Texas at 558 Wesley Robinson
Road. It is bounded along the northeast side by Old Marlin Road and along the southeast side by FM 1860.
Latitude: 31.5136 / Longitude: -97.0093
Total Acres: 1,102
Irrigated Acres: 805
Dryland Acres: 115
Grass Acres: 60